Thursday, April 1, 2021

Kimchi mixed noodles (Bibim guksu) and baked Falafel

Breakfast today I made kimchi mixed noodles (bibim guksu) paired with perfect soft boiled eggs (Hanjuku tamago). I don't have the typical thin noodles, so I used thin udon noodles instead. In addition I garnished with some bacon for the boys. Recipe for the sauce, kimchi, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, cili powder, sugar and gochujang. 
Bibim guksu, my style


Second dish for tea today is Falafel. I followed blogger 'The Cooking foodie's" recipe. It should be deep fried but I was lazy so I baked it. Turned out good!
Recipe:
  • 2 cups (400g) dried chickpeas, don’t use canned 
  • 1 small Onion 
  • 3-5 garlic cloves 
  • 1/3 bunch Parsley (omitted)
  • 1/2 bunch Cilantro (added more)
  • Green chilies (my addition)
  • 4 tablespoons (30g) Flour/breadcrumbs or chickpea flour for gluten free version (omitted)
  • 1¼ teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Pepper 
  • 1 teaspoon Cumin 
  • 1 teaspoon Paprika 
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda

Baked falafel




No comments: